Saturday, 8 October 2011

Sleep, gardeners' delights and dancing



Reasons to be cheerful number one...

A morning spent catching up on sleep - After which, I felt much more human.


Reasons to be cheerful number two...



An afternoon in the garden with Steve - the smell of newly cut grass is delicious.

















I cut more sweet peas for a small vase by my chair.



The snaps have produced new flowers despite having produced seeds too - I thought these plants had gone over but no. I snip off the seed heads and sprinkle the seed, contemplating its life cycle, that there will be new plants next year and finding comfort therein.
























Reasons to be cheerful number three...

I had forgotten what a hoot a barn dance can be. The evening is spent at the Church Harvest Barn Dance. I manage to dance a few dances. We laugh a lot.


Much later, I climb between cool sheets tired but happy. Life is good, barn dances are good. God has been very good.


Much love.

L.x.


"Cheerfulness is the very flower of health"

(Not sure who wrote this - saw it as an anonymous quote - please tell me if you know its source. L.x.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely post Lynn. Glad you could do more than me!

Pom Pom said...

Barn dance? I love it! It sounds like fun!
Tomorrow is wacky patterns day at school. At last I can wear what I really like! Ha ha ha!
I'm glad you are out in the garden. I'm off to the park with Samantha Rose.

Elizabethd said...

Barn dances can be such fun! Glad you enjoyed your evening.