Friday, 7 October 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one...






Red pelargoniums plonked in a chipped blue and white mug.

I'm glad it doesn't take much to thrill me!











Reasons to be cheerful number two...




This morning it was FREEZING. I felt guilty for doing so, but my neuro probs are worse if I am cold, so I put on the heating just for twenty minutes. Not that Steve would mind - he'd say have it on all day - I am the frugal one!

Isn't central heating marvellous? The flick of a switch and the house is toastie and I feel like me again :)

Marvellous, bring on the day!





Reasons to be cheerful number three...




Whilst we were in Cheddar Gorge a few weeks ago my husband bought me this metal picture to add to my collection in the kitchen. I love it - it reminds me of going on the train on our annual week's holiday as a child. On the Wednesday afternoon before we went my Dad and I went to buy the tickets. My Dad didn't work on a Wednesday afternoon. Anyway after we had bought the tickets he always took me onto the platform cos he knew I loved trains (still do!) The Wednesday afternoon on the platform was like the start of the holiday. This was the late 60's - I suppose the trains were diesel then????? But I do remember an awful lot of steam wafting over us.



This picture reminds me so much of the stations we passed through. Love it.



Happy weekend :)

L.x.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I'm the same way about the heat. I say that I'm going to wait until November but with temps. in the 30s (that's Fahrenheit) the past few days, I've turned it on for about 1/2 hour just to get the chill out of the air.

Have a blessed day, Lynn!

Pom Pom said...

Keep the heat on, Lynn. I think you should be toasty warm. Sorry, don't mean to be bossy!
Say more about those weekly holidays and the train tips, please. That sounds fascinating!
love love love

Elizabethd said...

Well, I'm definitely old enough to remember travelling on steam trains...the smell and sound was unforgettable!