Monday, 3 October 2011





Reasons to be cheerful number one...






A date night.


When our sons were at home we seldom went out but were always "around" even though they were in and out a lot; like the figures in those little weather houses! But now, with two sons no longer living here and Daley working nights much of the time, our evenings are our own.





So on Friday Steve came home early and we went out. We ate an early supper - Thai - it was lovely - never had Thai food before and then went to the theatre no less! A London Opera Company came to a neighbouring town and off we went.













I have not been to the theatre for many many years. I haven't worn a floaty skirt for many many years. I wore shoes that clickety clacked (or was that my knees? lol!!!!!) I carried a bag that was little more than ornament!!





Oh it was all just so grown up! I don't often do grown up.










Reasons to be cheerful number two...





The weather remains hot and still the sweet peas grow.












Reasons to be cheerful number three...






I have a new obsession - colourful napkins. I look out for reasonably priced ones wherever I go.










Yes, I know I should not be buying paper products and yes I do have a few cloth napkins but life is short and bright paper napkins make me happy and yes I am shallow, I have had to learn to live with this and so must my friends!! I have started to set the table early in the day ready for supper and I smile each and every time I pass it! Little things .... eh?




Happy Monday.


L.x.


10 comments:

♥ the quiet homemaker said...

Lovely to have a posh night out! Hubby and I have never dressed up posh and gone to a grown up thing yet...something to look forward to! Did you enjoy it? We keep promising ourselves to go and hear some live classical music. Maybe soon! xx

Lynn said...

Hi Tina - yes we loved it - but it was only certain bits from lots of operas and it was all explained and the context set etc. We love opera but we learnt loads on Friday - it was a light evening - none of your heavy stuff :)
L.x.

Terri said...

I love your list today, Lynn! Especially that you had a date night with your hubby. :-)

Jill said...

Oh how lovely. I am now going to make sure we go out on Friday - Mikes birthday.

theshepherdshouse said...

Such loveliness, Lynn!

Blessings to you,
Sharon

Angela said...

Look out for pretty and inexpensive napkins in Lidl. And IKEA have some great Christmas ones at the minute.

your evening out sounds fab!

Pom Pom said...

I'm happy about those napkins! I'll be on the look out! How nice to wear a floaty skirt and click clack shoes! Woo hoo!
I try to improve my wardrobe but it always ends up having a hobbit tendency overall!
Sending love to you, Nella!

patti said...

The fourth reason to be cheerfull is that your back :)

Lynn said...

Patti - you sure know how to cheer a girl!
L.x.

Elizabethd said...

How lovely! A night at the opera is something to make anyone very happy.
I do like pretty napkins too!