Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one




Every night can be date night!









I thought I would treat us to wine with our supper. I thought the little bottle of vino tasted nice (vino expert here - NOT). Steve said "The wine's nice, but it's going down like pop I'd better slow down - what is it by the way?"







"Dunno" I slurped.







So he picks up the bottle - oops well it is pop or near enough - lol! Very low alcohol which I hadn't noticed in the supermarket. But it was very nice.







There, that's three nices (4) so far. When I was a teacher I never did see why I had to be strict about nice (5) I appreciate "nice" (6) even more since the stroke because it just encompasses so many words I've long since forgotten :) Nice!! (7)





Reasons to be cheerful number two...



I tried a new recipe last night - Quorn Szechuan stir fry - oh so yum. Very low fat and frugal.







(photo from Rosemary Conley Oct/Nov mag)





A Rosemary Conley recipe.




Marinade the quorn chicken style strips in a Szechuan tomato sauce with a tablespoon of soy sauce added. Put it in the fridge for the afternoon.



About quarter of an hour before you want to eat - start cooking.



Add noodles to a pan of boiling water and cook for 3 mins.







Meanwhile stirfy the quorn for 3 mins. When heated through add a pack of stirfy veg. Drain your noodles, run under cold water (the noodles not you!!) sprinkle soy over noodles. Toss noodles in the quorn and veg mix and stir fry til every thing is hot. Serve - yum.






Reasons to be cheerful number three....



Talks have started about book number three! It may not even be accepted but it's good to talk - lol!





Happy Tuesday.




L.x.

No comments: