Thursday, 6 October 2011

Laundry breeze, a mac reprieve and a jolly good laugh

Reasons to be cheerful number one...




Another lovely weather day; sunny and blustery. The laundry baskets are nearing empty so I washed mats and cushions covers.



Reasons to be cheerful number two...



Years ago a dry clean only mac was ruined at the cleaner's and it has languished in my wardrobe as a "one day I will do something with this" jobbie.



In my muddled state I talk things over a lot more with my husband these days and I asked him this morning what he thought of me just bunging said coat in the washing machine and taking a chance.




"Well you won't lose anything " he said looking at its sorry state. And off he went to work.


Well it is now washed, dried, ironed & back in the wardrobe (but near the front) as good as new - draped in scarves and ready to wear!






Money saved on a new mac - kerching!



Reasons to be cheerful number three...





"So what are these new tests for, that the neurologist wants?" asked my friend as we sipped tea and talked about my next appointment.



"One is to test my memory function, er..... and I forget what the rest are for......."




We both looked at each other realising the silliness of what I'd just said. We just laughed and laughed and laughed. She choked on her tea and I had tears of laughter just pouring down my face.



"I am so sorry!" she gasped, "I shouldn't be laughing but it's the way you said it!"




"I know, but it's so funny!" I wheezed between hoots of laughter. And it was.



Hurrah for laughter and good friends.



L.x.



2 comments:

Floss said...

Hurray for laughter and good friends - indeed! Thanks for putting it like this. And the mac has come out brilliantly! Well done for giving it a try.

Angela said...

Impressed by the Mac Recovery - and glad that you have friends to laugh with you [not AT you!]
blessings x