Friday, 30 September 2011

Everyday jewels of cheeriness









Even when life feels bleak there are always, always small jewels of cheeriness to be found each and every day. Life may be so bleak that these jewels of cheeriness are tiny, scattered and have to be consciously and conscientiously sought after; but they are always, always there.


Whilst stuck in bed last month and unable to do anything - not even read, watch television or listen to radio my jewels of cheeriness were indeed tiny and had to be gathered up greedily wherever I perceived them to be.


Happy moments included sky-watching as I lay in bed each day. The clouds billow and blow quite beautifully and yes we see them every day and love their billowiness but we don't usually have time to lie and watch them for an hour. I seldom usually listen to birdsong for hours on end. Did you know trees truly dance in the breeze? - lol! Hot strong tea tastes so much better when taste is the only sense you are concentrating on and you're not sipping absent-mindedly whilst doing something else. And the cool side of the pillow really is the best!


So now I am up and about I am bombarded with cheeriness!


Reasons to be cheerful number one...


We are trying to take some interesting walks - they are slower and shorter so we are making sure they are beautiful and worth all the effort!





Carsington Water, Derbyshire.










Somerset beach walks













Cheddar Gorge - I had to keep stopping here just to stand and stare and say , "Wow!" The scenery is breath-taking and then there are the lovely gift shops and coffee shops. I could most definitely live in Somerset.


















Reasons to be cheerful number two...


Jewels of damson gin - I enjoyed making this first attempt and am enjoying the weekly shaking and admiring it's "stain glass window" effect counting down the weeks til its Christmas grand opening!







Reasons to be cheerful number three...






A gift from a friend - she said "I saw this and I thought of you!"












So I am pink and rosy (and don't say full of wind - lol!!)




Happy weekend.


L.x.










5 comments:

♥ Tina said...

Beautiful post. "Small jewels of cheeriness"....beautiful. Thanks Lynn. xxxx

Jill said...

So glad you are back. Please tell me I didnt forget your birthday, please,please. My memory is so bad. Just so pleased you are blogging again. Your reasons to be cheerful are ace.

Lynn said...

You sent me a beautiful scarf Jill - I was worried I didn't thank you - phew just checked my letters I've emailed - we're both ok!
L.x.

Jill said...

I remember! Brain working again.

Pom Pom said...

What beautiful pictures, Lynn! Yahoo!
Thinking of you and praying, dearest.