Monday, 1 August 2011






Reasons to be cheerful number one...




Less tv.


I didn't watch much. Now I watch even less.




I have just added up that I watch maybe 1 hour per day - that includes the half an hour news bulletin so I don't think that is too bad????



I used to watch so much more.




I do not watch any soaps and haven't for years.




I feel so much better not watching soaps. Soaps stress me out!



Reasons to be cheerful number two...



Less stuff.




Everywhere I go I seem to see people collecting stuff. Even on blogs people are buying stuff. They call it thrifting or building a stash. But it's just stuff. I seem to have got rid of stuff. It wasn't a conscious decision. But I just got rid of stuff that I wasn't using regularly or that didn't make me feel very happy when I saw it.






Stuff made me feel heavy; books, ornaments, cushions, fabric, craft items, "just in case I might need it", "but it could be useful" stuff . Stuff that I had not used in years and was unlikely to use. Stuff that had to go. So now the rooms are emptier and I feel like I can breathe more freely.




I have kept stuff that I like and might use. And now I can actually see it, enjoy it and might actually get round to using it!!




And that must surely be a reason to be cheerful.





Reasons to be cheerful number three...




I got through the day, thank you Lord, I got through the day. I did not punch anyone's light out, much as I felt like it. I kept my dignity, acted like a lady and got through the day. THANK YOU LORD!




L.x.




Less is more.


2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I guess we all have far `too much 'stuff', but there is a lot of effort required in sorting it out!

marsha said...

Getting rid of stuff is time consuming and exhausting. why did I bring all this stuff into my home? It is not making me happy.