Saturday, 30 July 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one...

My mother-in - law visited bringing anniversary gifts. The miniature roses are on our mantle shelf at the moment but will go into the garden soon. And the wine is in the fridge just waiting for tomorrow :)



Reasons to be cheerful number two...

The painting is done (thank goodness!) and I have the beginnings of a craft room and a spare room.

















My son came home for the weekend. He is the same but different- an air of additional maturity, I guess - lol! When I said that he joked,"Yes, well it's getting used to the expense of the real world!" He always used to say he had it easy living at home and just paying us a contribution. He loves his job and his flat and looked happy and sat chatting and telling us all about it; how he had stuck to his budget, cooked from scratch, done some DIY, and didn't mind one bit about all the flowery stuff in his old room!

Reasons to be cheerful number three...












My basil seeds have germinated! Each morning I have had a little look and given them some water. I love the excitement and anticipation of watching things grow. One pot is a gift for a friend and one pot is for us.






So much to be cheery about and grateful for.






Much love,



L.x.






Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.



Theodore Roosevelt.



3 comments:

♥ Tina said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your new crafting room, and how lovely that your son is doing so well! :) xx

Jill said...

Have a lovely day whenever it is? I hope your roses are anniversary roses, we bought K&M some last year and they have duly burst forth on their day!

Kim @ Lavender Fields Forever said...

Happy Anniversary Lyn & Steve.
Enjoy your Wine & Roses.