Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one...

Steve brought home wine (£3.49 a bottle - in view of the last post, yes I asked him how much our bottle had cost - it seems I am a cheap date - lol!)








I sat sipping and trying to find a site to donate to the East African Drought Relief Fund online, seeing as I had moaned in the same wine post about kids in Africa not having water etc. - took me a while - Christian Aid's was the easiest site - several other charities I just got plain lost - maybe it was me.


I make a mental note to maybe start clearing the clutter surrounding the keyboard. Maybe.



Reasons to be cheerful number two...



At church I overheard someone say to my husband that I am "one in a million". I have chastised myself all week about this but it has made me smile. Why don't we say nice stuff more often?



I am pig headed; this person is probably relieved there is only one in a million - two of me in a million would be too much!

Reasons to be cheerful number three...

I have almost finished decorating the spare room. It has taken an age and has been incredibly hard work. I got a telling off at stroke rehab. for even attempting it - I thinking it was the bit about the ladders they disliked the most - lol! But it is nearly done, am just off to do an hour's glossing before supper. And tomorrow there is the nice bit - the lovely dressing - candles, cushions etc and maybe a ta da! photo!!

Much love and cheeriness.
L.x.

Nothing contributes so much to tranquillising the mind as a steady purpose.
Mary Wollstonecraft

4 comments:

Alison said...

Funny isn't it how easy it is to say nice things about others, but not to receive compliments, perhaps because so many of us were brought up "not to think too much of ourselves" Ali.xxx

Elizabethd said...

Dear Lynn....you are of course one in a million.

Lynn said...

Aah Elizabeth - you 'll have me crying up me ladder :) Just been in to see if it's all dried and there's white splats on the cream walls??? Drat!

Sarah said...

Hi Lynn
Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog - LOL re the kids being patchworked - maybe it's not such a bad idea though in light of all the accidents!
At least you've got the hard bit done of decorating and like you say, you can get on with all the lovely bits. Looking foward to seeing the finished room.
x