Monday, 25 July 2011





Hello :)





Sorry I've been away awhile - more illness meant more stroke complications so I am back in weekly rehab sessions.





I have spent a quiet time getting back some of my va va voom!






In spite of everything there is always plenty of cheeriness to be found so here's the list....





Reasons to be cheerful number one....






I am so grateful that I still find real joy in childish things. I can see this windmill from the kitchen sink and it thrills me as it whizzes round. Mmmmmm maybe a 47 soon to be 48 year old woman shouldn't admit that - lol!!! I wonder when child-like pleasure becomes senility???? :)













Similarly those little pots of bubbles...... Far too good for children!





I used to use these loads in the classroom when I was a teacher.












I had a partner in crime here as Steve took the photo - we giggled & guffawed trying to capture the picture so maybe childishness is catching.








Reasons to be cheerful number two....





A little crafting in the evenings.





















Reasons to be cheerful number three...






Deciding that you are going to do normal things again so starting to decorate. This is a teeny tiny box room. It has thus far taken a week to do two walls.








I am at the point of no return...
















Out with the blue and in with the cream.







It is going to be my craft room.


I am still at the stubborn "I can do this" stage and refusing offers of help. The second step of the ladder makes me feel sick, every five minutes I throw my head out of the window and breathe deeply. My right hand complains, so much of this is done left handed - my eyes can't really see if it is a good job or not - Steve says it's looking good.





As an incentive I "dressed" the finished wall.












At the moment it has cost nothing as I am using up what I had around the house and left-over paint. Though I will need a new lightshade.






I hope to finish - soon - real soon!





Then all my craft stuff can go in this room. We are having a major clear out of the house. We have new furniture coming at the weekend :) An anniversary gift to ourselves.





In betweeny times I am reading Jan Karon Mitford novels and watching The Waltons on DVD. Life is slow but cheery. Maybe that is why life is cheery? Slow is good.





Hope you are all well and enjoying some sunshine.





Much love,



L.x.







To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.


Shakespeare.







13 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Cant think of anything better than Jan Karon, but make sure you read them in the right order!

Mrs M said...

So sorry you have had more health problems; do hope they pass very soon. Love children's windmills and bubble mixture and I am 66 soon to be 67 so hope senility hasn't set in just yet. You were very much missed while on sick leave; I so enjoy reading your cheerful blog. God bless. Lesley x

Lynn said...

Oh Elizabeth - I know - I read the first one years ago and then read the wrong one next and never went back to them (apart from odd extracts) til this year - thankfully in the right order this time - and yes it makes a HUGE difference!!
L.x.

Pom Pom said...

Love the Shakespeare quote and LOVE the Mitford tales. You are doing an excellent job painting. You are a good "big picture" person. I must buy myself a pinwheel at the grocery today! Maybe I'll buy some bubbles, too. Glad you're back, Sweetie Pie!

♥ Tina said...

Good to see you back in blogland. xxx Can you believe I'd never heard of Jan Karon? After having read all about her now, I have ordered the first book on amazon (I checked which order to read them, thanks for the tip) and I can't wait to curl up in bed and begin reading. I haven't read much since reading my way through all my Herriot books again. I can never seem to find really nice books, other than Miss.Read. You always seem to find all the good ones, thanks Lynn! xxx

Lynn said...

Hope you like it Tina - to be honest a little while back I nearly sent you book 1 - wish I had now! - but I didn't want you to feel I had foisted yet another book on you - LOL!!

Jill said...

Wow. I didnt know you had a box room. How lovely you can have your own space, crafting. I spoke about the roller for behind the radiator, its amazing, long handle, I am only 5 foot and I can nearly reach the ceiling, so you only have to ladder it to do the top edges with the brush. Try it.

Lynn said...

Not that special Jill - it's Greg's old room - I wonder if you remember it - the smallest bedroom at the back of the house?

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that you've not been well.
Love the heart shaped rack on the wall

♥ Tina said...

Lynn, you can rest assured I enjoy your book choices! I'll let you know how I get on with it, thanks for thinking of me.xx Oh and I love all your renovations, it's going to be fab to have your own crafting space! xx

Alison said...

Hi Lynn, Sorry that you have not been well, well done with the decorating. I want a craft room, butmay have to make do with a shed or a chalet or something. I hail from near Bridgnorth in Shropshire, than lived at Ludlow, various parts of Telford, Birmingham and for the last 30 years, beautiful West Dorset, but we are now ready to move back. We have found a house in Ludlow which will put us in striking distance of family at Leominster and Telford. I very much hope that we may be able to meet up at some time in the future when we are all sold up and moved. You never know we might meet up on a campsite somehere. xx Ali.

Lynn said...

Good luck with the move Ali - and I look forward to meeting you - Ludlow is lovely.
L.x.

Jayne said...

Your pics look lovely, get well soon x