Thursday, 16 June 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one ...


More writing work has been accepted. I tell myself that being able to work from home is certainly a reason to be cheerful.



Reasons to be cheerful number two...


A fly past of woodpecker mother and babe. Wistfully I wonder if it is the female who regularly visits and is now bringing a juvenile, showing it local feeding posts? I also watched a buzzard gliding high on a thermal against a powder blue sky; it's faint mewing brings it to my attention. I marvel at how I notice things better these days. Maybe being forced into a slower pace brings greater riches?



Reasons to be cheerful number three...


Sparrows have been under threat in our region and numbers have dwindled. In spite of having a good range of bird visitors we were disappointed to not have any sparrows - until recently and we hosted maybe half a dozen each day and now this morning we find they are nesting too!



L.x.




There is so much in the world for us all


if we only have the eyes to see it,


and the heart to love it,


and the hand to gather it to ourselves....





Lucy Montgomery


6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Congratulations Lynne!

Lynn said...

Thanks Elizabeth :)

Jill said...

Well done,Lynn. Interesting about the sparrows. Why did they think they were decreasing?
Have a look at http://docsquid.blogspot.com
You may already know of it - Alvecote Wood.

Lynn said...

Hi Jill - yes I know Alvecote Wood.
We read RSPB counts and also several TV & Radio progs. Also our own sparrow counts over the past 10 years had dramatically dropped.
L.x.

Alison said...

Where I live Buzzards are really common, i usually see them every day and on a 10 mile journey I often see several lots, even after all these years hearing them call and then spotting them in the sky or sitting on a telegraph post really makes my heart lift. Ali from Dorset.

Pom Pom said...

Hooray for the writing work!