Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one ...

Peaceful quietness.

I can spend a whole day peacefully with no radio, tv etc. A whole day with just the call of the birds for company.
Some of my friends say that they need the background noise of the radio or tv - I just need peaceful quietness.


Reasons to be cheerful number two...

Making a roast chicken dinner midweek and seeing their eyes light up around the table.

(Actually, my lot are like the Bisto kids their eyes light up , noses lift to the air and they sigh no matter what is on their dinner plates.)




Reasons to be cheerful number three...

Turning corners on a walk and seeing flowers, lots of flowers; many placed there and nurtured by Mother Nature. How I try to conquer, manage and maintain my own garden yet in the wild it is all done so much better :)










L.x.








Fowers have a mysterious and subtle influence upon the feelings,


not unlike some strains of music.


They relax the tenseness of the mind.




Henry Ward Beecher.


4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I cant imagine a world without flowers.

Jayne said...

I love peace and quietness too. Silence is golden.

Pom Pom said...

I like Elizabeth's comment AND Jayne's. Flowers and quiet = bliss!
You are such a good mama to roast chickens and look at your boys' faces with such love.

Mrs M said...

Peace and quiet are my idea of absolute bliss and with birds and flowers in abundance make heaven on earth. Those are very good reasons to be cheerful.