Thursday, 2 June 2011


Reasons to be cheerful number one ....

Hearing my son give me sound advice and remembering as I later pottered that I had said similar words to him a few years ago :)

Reasons to be cheerful number two....

My husband saying, "I'll be home early tonight," and realising that even after all these years such a simple statement can still make me quite giddy with pleasure.

Reasons to be cheerful number three....

Being able to help a friend ; re-hemming a skirt for a lady who has badly arthritic hands. I slowly sewed, a bit clumsy at first, listening to a gardening programme realising that this is the first time I have sewn in an age and also realising this must be the fullest hemline in all the world! There is something very therapeutic about the rhythm of a simple hemming stitch.

L.x.

The best and most beautiful things in the world
can not be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller.

3 comments:

LissyLou said...

I love reason 2 aswell xx

Jill said...

Its infectious is your blog. I find myself thinking of three reasons!

Jayne said...

Extra brownie points to you for doing a lovely thing for someone else Lynn, and I love having extra time with Mr Letters From Home when I can! x