Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Cheeriness catch ups

Ok so who set the clock to tick at double time? The days are whizzing by and I can't keep up! But I am still counting reasons to be cheerful :)

Reasons to be cheerful number one...

A new recipe made up by me; Pork loin cooked in a homemade mustard oil - nice - it could have gone so wrong but it was nice.

Reasons to be cheerful number two...

A weekend of The Waltons - repeats on TV.

Reasons to be cheerful number three...

Watching dawn mists rising over local fields.

Reasons to be cheerful number three...

As you open the kitchen door into the garden scent wafts on the breeze and I can't quite work out what it is. The first flush of roses are coming to an end and the second flush are largely still in bud. So is it the honeysuckle? Yet close up the honeysuckle seems to have a very weak scent. It is too strong to be the lavender alone and the lily buds are still very immature - whatever it is, it is heavenly.

Reasons to be cheerful number four....


The excitement of my son leaving home soon to start a new adventure.

Reasons to be cheerful number five...

The relief of my youngest son who finishes exams and leaves school today.

Reasons to be cheerful number six...

So today I drive my final school run and I am pleased. Steve asked if there was any twinge of regret. No, not really I think I am as pleased and relieved as my son :)

Reasons to be cheerful number seven...

The realisation yet again that there is a season for all things in our lives; there is little point in fighting them, regretting them, wanting to hold on to those that have run their course. Seasons pass and there is a new one just beginning.

Reasons to be cheerful number eight...

Packing for a new adventure - my husband and I are away for a while so I'll see you soon.

Much love.
L.x.

Don't hurry
Don't worry
You're only here for a short visit
So be sure to stop and smell the flowers.

Walter Hagen.

9 comments:

Jill said...

How long without your blog?! Enjoy.

Lynn said...

Hi Jill - I'll be gone about a week :)
L.x.

Mrs M said...

Have a lovely week away, I hope the sun shines for you. Look forward to hearing your news next week. Lesley x

Jayne said...

Have a lovely "cheerful" week away!

Kim said...

Enjoy your break Lyn

Pom Pom said...

Woo hoo for holidays! I sort of forgot about The Waltons! Fun!
I think the fragrance in the garden is angels. I'd come to your house if I was an angel! Have a lovely journey! I'll miss you.

♥ Tina said...

Hope you're having a fab time, you're missed already! xx

Angela said...

Which channel are you getting the Waltons on?
I missed that one!

blessings

goodnight Johnboy,goodnight Lynn

Kim said...

Hope that you have had a good break and are feeling well.