Monday, 6 June 2011

Catching up on cheeriness

A bit of a break in posts as we took off for our first weekend in our "new to us" but really quite old caravan which my husband has now named Calamity Jane :)

I think he calls her this as she offers many a challenge as you learn what everything is for and how to hitch up and use her. However, forever the romantic, I like to think her name is because the original Calamity Jane acquired this nickname after she rescued Captain Egan who is said to have joked, "I call you Calamity Jane, heroine of the plains!" Suffice to say, I only found this out today and my husband doesn't know these origins; he just thinks caravanning is cheerful calamity :)

We did have fun; a really lovely time.

So, reasons to be cheerful number one

A picnic breakfast of bacon roll and hot tea..








... next to a lake...






...with just ducks for companions.







Reasons to be cheerful number two...




Walking in nice places with plenty of birds to watch.







Reasons to be cheerful number three...



We can do it all again another day, another place.





L.x.




Store up reservoirs of calm and content,


and draw on them at later moments


when the source isn't there;


but the need is very great.



Rupert Brooke.


5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely getaway you had in CJ!
Those words by Rupert Brooke are what I needed to read.

Pom Pom said...

I think it's so funny that Steve named the caravan! I'm so glad you are out tooling around the country. That fresh air and outdoor eating is good for the soul. When you get back, do you have a lot of sorting to do to get CJ reading for the next outing?

♥ Tina said...

Ah lovely! :)

Lynn said...

I wanted the caravan named, Pom Pom and Steve came up with the best one lol!!
The caravan is all set for next time - I just need to take a fresh bag of clothes & perishable food. Toiletries & non perishable stuff stays in the 'van.
L.x.

Jayne said...

I feel refreshed just reading this! Thank you x