Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one...

The gazebo is smothered in the highly scented rose Rambling Rector. It's heady fragrance fills the space and is carried on the breeze; even the drying laundry carries its scent.



Reasons to be cheerful number two...

Finding a "new to me" plant; a trailing geranium with apple scented leaves.




Reasons to be cheerful number three...

Watching blue cranesbill being tossed wildly by the wind. I have never seen them being blown about so badly yet still assuming quiet composure between each blast. I marvel at their fortitude.




L.x.

One act of thanksgiving,
when things go wrong with us,
is worth a thousand thanks when things
are agreeable to our inclinations.

Saint John of Avila


6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Rambling Rector! What a rose. It has such lovely flowers, but doesnt it travel!

Lynn said...

Indeed! But I have enough ugly stuff that needs covering :) Including me - lol! I'd best not stand still for too long :)

Alison said...

Nothing ugly about you girl, you are one beautiful lady, thank you for sharing your blessings with us.
Ali. xx

Lisa Richards said...

Lynn, the old devil loves to keep digging up our old dirt so he can rub our noses in it, but he's a liar! It's all covered by the blood of Jesus! I don't mean to be preachy, I was just thinking about my children and how I love them no matter what. I think if they robbed a bank I'd make excuses for them, LOL! God loves us so much more than we can even imagine. I know He's pleased with your attitude of thankfulness in the midst of all that can go wrong in this world. I love your new blog!

Jill said...

Your garden looks lovely, particularly the gazebo with that rose. A must have. Off to look today.

Jayne said...

Crochet!!!!! Sorry, just looking at that lovely cushion in your amazing gazebo, and got carried away! Crochet makes me very excited, I need to rein myself in sometimes!!!!