Monday, 30 May 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one..

A cool read



Reasons to be cheerful number two...

English strawberries bought at the farm gate; deliciously & naturally sweet & too good to be smothered by anything.



Reasons to be cheerful number three...

Remembering poet Pam Eyres on TV coverage of Chelsea Flower Show - she had me smiling all the way through. We strolled round her garden with her. She told how, in her garden novice days, her builders had told her that a plant growing up her house was a laurel and must come out. So she did as told only to realise later that it was the magnificent magnolia grandifolia which when in flower looks like this - gulp!



Alan Titchmarsh was horrified. I like Alan Titchmarsh - I like it when he does his mock horrified! Silly, lovely man. "What did you do?" said Silly Lovely Man - like she's going to say "Oh it's ok Alan; I put it back!"

Well she did sort of, but better.

"I bought another one and put that in as a sorry to God". I like Pam Ayres.

L.x.

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth.
Poem by Dorothy Frances Gurney.

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Oh how exciting!!!
I can leave a comment at last, clever Lynn for sorting it out.
Your new blog is great, lovely photos and inspiring thoughts too.

Lynn said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!
Welcome Elizabeth.
Thanks for commenting I was wondering whether "Jim had fixed it" - LOL!!!!!
L.x.

Jane and Chris said...

Oh, I remember Pam Ayres. Her gentle funny stories. An English friend at church let me borrow one of pam Ayres poetry books;I hadn't read her in ages, so really enjoyed it.
Jane x

Jill said...

Well done - now I can have my four pennorth! Jill.

Angela said...

'Cool!' is an utterly fabulous book. I have used it many times to get boys 'turned on' to reading.

seems like we are all managing to comment again now!!

blessings xx