Saturday, 28 May 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one......

Sneaking downstairs whilst the rest of the house sleeps, looking at the garden, emails and blogs. Sitting in silence, listening to silence, liking silence, knowing that silence in this season of my life is shortlived to be savoured not endured. Cooking bacon for many and refrigerated for later. Taking a breakfast tray back to bed to be shared with a loved one; happy to say farewell to my solitude and silence.



Reasons to be cheerful number two......

A little time spent cleaning yesterday's charity shop find. Who owned this piece? Who gave it away? Who made it? A chance to wallow in it's delicate shape and colour. And now it's mine - love it :)




Reasons to be cheerful number three......


The garden poppies are back.



L.x.

8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Nice, nice, NICE! I took some pictures of someone's poppies today. They ARE glorious, aren't they? May the birds sing to you, Lynn.

angalmond said...

My poppies are not quite ready to burst into flower yet - but soon...
Oh DO enjoy your bacon sarnie - they are current off-limits for me
Is your lovely glass jar French, do you think?
[you never know, you might find a matching piece in the future!]
Weekend blessings, love and hugs Lynn - already enjoying your NEW blog!!!
love Ang [hope Blogger lets me post this comment]

Alison said...

I LOVE Poppies, when I have a new garden I am going to have lots of them, and Foxgloves too. Ali. xx

Jacquie said...

I love this idea Lynn. Looking forward to future posts. Have a great weekend .
Jacquie x

Mrs M said...

My lovely poppies have just burst into bloom too, they are a real reason to be cheerful, and so is finding your new blog. Wishing you loads of cheerfulness. Love Lesley x

Lisa Richards said...

Yum! Those sandwiches look good! A blessing blog...what a great idea!

Jayne said...

Here's one of my reasons to be cheerful - my daughter is expecting a little girl in September - our first grandchild, and guess what? They have decided to call her Poppy! So seeing your picture made me think of all the joys we have to look forward to in the years ahead. x

Lynn said...

Many congratulations Jayne :)
L.x.