Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Reasons to be cheerful number one...


The warmth of human touch; the comfort of his arm around your shoulder, your hand held in his; no need for words.


Reasons to be cheerful number two...



Beginning work on yet another neglected area of the garden :)





Reasons to be cheerful number three....


Freshly laundered bed linen.


L.x.



The nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly like pearls slipping off a string.

Lucy Montgomery.

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a wonderful quote from Lucy Montogomery. Thanks Lynn.

Jayne said...

OK Lynn, if this is a neglected part of your garden, I think you need to drive down the Tamworth Rd and come and help me sort my garden out, because your 'neglected' patch looks like the garden of Eden to me!!!

I do like your new look blog, and I am praying for you through whatever you are going through right now. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jayne said...

On a serious note, I work professionally with students with mental health issues, and sometimes get depressed myself, and I have found the starting point for some very helpful resources here:

http://www.mentalhealthrecovery.com/recovery_resources_links.php

I have used this to build myself a wrap care plan of my own that I often refer to. Take care my friend xxx

Jane and Chris said...

I do like the Lucy Montgomery quote!
Jane x

Terri said...

I love the new blog, Lynn. Yes, you can print off my Wed. words of encouragement.